Saturday, March 26, 2011

What good is having tools if you don't use them?

Most of these blogs come from personal experience and self introspection. I have come to the understanding that we as people don't use what we have and therefore suffer needlessly in situations that we have the ability to change. For a long time I used the excuse that I didn't know, I was not aware, I need help, if I could find someone to talk things through, and so on. I justified my lack of achievement by focusing on what I did not have, but I never looked at what I did have. My focus kept me in lack and mediocrity. I never allowed myself an opportunity to grow and expand beyond where I was at the time. I am still daily overcoming this revelation by the way. People talk to me and see the potential of what I can do and are willing to put their confidence in me concerning important task they need to have done. What is it that they see? My tools! They can visualize what they would do if they had what I have. Isn't that amazing? They have confidence in what they see that I have, but I have it and can't see the potential of it. Many of us are like this, so what is the solution. aAt some point we have to become aware of what we have. We have to value the tools that we were given and start to use them in a way that will help other people. We have to develop some purpose and identity based on what makes us different and special. If we start with these basic strategies, we will start to experience positive and favorable solutions in our lives and in the lives of the people we help. I would call that a great way to learn the value that we have as we assist others using our tools. In the end, we are the warehouse for the tools that we have in our possession and are gifted to use them, not for ourselves, but for the benefit of others. Our value comes partly in what we can add to this world, not from what we can hold on to. What good is having tools if you don't use them. That would just be a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment